As a member of the Grower-Shipper Association of Central California, you will benefit from the strength that comes from being part of a respected and continuously growing force in the agricultural industry. Founded in 1930, the Association is committed to representing the needs – today and tomorrow – of its members. The substantial benefits the Association provides members are unrivaled by other local and regional trade associations in terms of the breadth, quantity and quality of programs and service provided. And these are always expanding, with a focus on representation, advocacy and education.
• Legal Services - In-house counsel provides experienced and effective legal representation at extremely affordable rates. A variety of legal services are available, with special expertise in labor and employment law.
• Human Resources - Representation, counseling, training and assistance are provided on a wide range of HR-related issues – from general employment law and employee benefits to annual wage and benefit surveys and personnel management issues.
• Monitoring Issues – The Association serves as a watchdog for its members, monitoring any issue that can possibly impact the agricultural industry. Government regulations, pending legislation, energy issues, food safety – whatever the issue, the Association works to keep members informed, counseled and represented on vital industry concerns. The Association is also a founder and member of the Central Coast Agricultural Task Force, which monitors local governmental boards and agencies on any and all issues impacting our region’s agriculture.
• Labor Relations - The Association has represented members at the bargaining table since its beginnings. Contract negotiations, administration, processing of grievances and arbitration with various labor organizations are provided at no cost to regular members.
• Workshops & Training Seminars – We pride ourselves on the Association’s yearly schedule of educational and training seminars. Seventy to eighty programs on a variety of topics go a long way in keeping our members informed, up-to-date and connected.
Join The Grower-Shipper Association of Central California today! It will change the way you do business - for the better! The brochure on the right further explains the many benefits of membership.
Regular Members of the GSA are shippers, grower-shippers, growers, food processors, foodfreezers and custom harvesters of vegetables, strawberries, mushrooms and wine grapes operating in Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Benito and Santa Clara counties.
Associate Members are those connected to or affiliated with the agricultural industry. These members include suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, brokers, accountants, attorneys, banks and more.
Please highlight, copy and paste the membership application into your word processing program or, print and complete by hand. Print or type the full name of your company and address as you wish it to be published inour Annual Directory.
Please mail your completed application to:
Grower-Shipper Association of Central California
PO Box 828, Salinas, CA 93902
Call (831) 422-8844 for more information.